Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lavender Soap


In order to properly write this post
I have transported myself to a lovely hillside scattered with lavender. 
The luscious fragrance of lavender wafts through the gentle breeze. 
I feel myself drifting off to sleep, completely relaxed.  Ahh ...  
(It helps to have a bar of Lavender Soap in my hand to sniff on
while I am transporting myself around!) 






Lavender Soap




Back to reality, I could tell you of my disappointment that the blend of two parts ultramarine violet and one part ultramarine blue cosmetic-grade pigment didn't quite make a lavender color. 

Or I could tell you I am worried that the dried lavender buds are too much texture. 

But I won’t.  In my humble opinion, it’s all good! 



 

 
Lavender 40/42 is actually a blend of various lavenders. With its somewhat camphorous, crisp aroma, it is the most widely recognized lavender in the world. This is probably due to the fact that the perfume industry uses this blend as a base for lavender scented products. This oil is obtained from the flowering parts of the plant.   

The dried lavender buds with their beautiful bluish-gray color were added for both texture and a decorative flair.  In addition to the lavender essential oil, the dried lavender buds enhance the lovely lavender scent.



Lavender Soap



 
 
saponified
tallow
soybean oil
coconut oil
olive oil
shea butter
sweet almond oil
lavender 40/42 essential oil
lavender buds
cosmetic-grade pigment











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make your comment here.